HOW TO KNOW WHETHER YOUR PHONE SUPPORTS 2G OR 3G OR 4G:
Firstly, Turn on your internet connection, the signals like G/E or H/H+ will be shown on your phone left next to network signal bar. Now, use the following guide to know whether your phone is using 2G or 3G or 4G network:
- G or E: This means you are having GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) or GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication) or EDGE (Enhanced Date rates for GSM Evolution) or CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) connection which is 2G or 2.5G network.
- 3G or H or H+: This means you are having 3G or HSPA (High Speed Packet Access) or HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access Pebedaan) connection which is 3G network.
- 4G or LTE (Long Term Evolution): This indicates 4G network.
If you are unable to view the signals, then you can do followings:
- For android: You can use the code *#0011# on your dial screen to check which technology you are connected to.
- For Apple: You can use the code *3001#12345#* to access the field test system menu.
Additionally, you can check online:
This is the best and accurate method to see what technology your phone supports. You can type your phone model on Google search and you will get detailed specification about your device. Furthermore, in the network field the supported technologies will be shown. Also, you can expand technology field and view details about the supported network connections.
Furthermore, you can check under Settings of your phone which shows the compatible network connection types for your device.
- For Android: Go to Settings > More > Cellular/ Mobile Networks > Preferred Network type. There you can see the list of technologies supported by your device.
- For iPhones: Go to Setting > General > Cellular.
- For windows: Settings > Cellular + Sim > Highest Connection Speed.
Moreover, you can check your device compatibility using IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity).
- Dial *#06# from your device to obtain IMEI number.
- Go to http://www.imei.info/
- Enter your IMEI number from your device. Then, verify that you are not a robot. Finally, click on check button.
- Then, you will receive a free report on screen about your device including compatible network connection type.
The frequencies used by 2G, 3G and 4Gare as below:
|2G||GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE||900 MHz|
|2G||GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE||1800 MHz|
|3G (H/ H+)||UMTS/ HSDPA/ HSPA+||900 MHz|
|3G (H/ H+)||UMTS/ HSDPA/ HSPA+/ DC-HSPA+||2100 MHz|